Thursday, November 7, 2013

Review: Miss Jessie's Leave- In Condish




 
A couple of months back I discovered Miss Jessie's  hair care and last week, I was fortunate enough to snag some products AND meet the founders of the brand themselves! 
 
Miss Jessie's is an amazing brand designed to deliver specialized treatment and products to cater to all you curly haired dolls out there.  Known for its expertise in styling curly, kinky, and wavy hair of all types and textures, Miss Jessie's Salon is the go-to place for all curly haired woes. 
 
The event was celebrating launch of the brand's newest addition: Miss Jessie's Leave-In Condish and offered a chance to ask the experts all about it!
 
 
 
Retail: $11.00
 
The Leave- In Condish is a styling prep for achieving soft, moisturized, and tangle- free curls.  I liked using this, particularly because its formula was relatively light, but still managed to weigh down my frizz.  My hair is super thick with tight curls so I expected to need something extra but this proved to be enough.  I applied it to my hair while damp, then flat ironed it the next morning after letting it dry naturally. 
The next day my hair felt softer and when I started to flat iron it, the process was both easier and faster.  It made my hair smooth with a sleek finish and it smelled shower fresh!  The scent is light but very clean.  I would say that even if your hair is very thick, you don't need much to get the job done.  During my first application I used the suggested amount the size of a quarter and found I could get away with less.  Its also great for on the go use when you feel like rockin those curls au natural!
 
It detangles quickly so after application you can simply brush through and proceed to whip those locks into shape!  One thing to note is that this WILL add volume.  So if you're looking to add a little bounce and hydrate your mane, this is exactly what you need.  Since this doesn't provide any hold you will have to follow with either some mouse or hairspray for control, but it definitely helps enhance curls natural shape.  Overall, its a great tool that is totally in season.  Now that the cold weather is just about here, many of us (myself included) will be working over time with the flat irons and hair dryers, and this will help to protect and repair hair from all that heat about to hit it.   
 
Ingredients:
Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis, Pumpkin Seed Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract
 
 
 
Inside the Miss Jessie's Salon 
 
 
 
Located at: 441 Broadway, Suite 2
New York, NY 10013


 
Chatting with the brand founders sisters Titi and Miko


 
I stole Miss Titi for a quick pic!


Do you have any curly hair woes?  Have you ever tried Miss Jessie's?  If so be sure to come back and share your experience, I'd love to hear it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...