Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Review: Hard Candy Makeup

 
 
 
 
 
During fashion week I attended the GBK Celebrity Style Lounge where they showcased a series of celeb status brands.  One brand whose products really impressed me was Hard Candy .  I had never worked with them before, but I'm crushing on them pretty hard and am eager to try more. 
At the lounge, they gifted a sample kit including their Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara, Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer, Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss, Take Me Out Eye Liner and the Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection palette.
 
Aside from the adorable girly packaging, the products have proved to be really nice quality.  


 Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer 



Retail: $8.00


I honestly think this is the best primer I now own.  The texture is so silky and glides on smoothly.  The formula is very lightweight and feels barely there on my skin.  I also noted that I didn't experience a single breakout, and I literally used an amount the size of a pea for my whole face.  The nice thing about it is that, even though I usually apply a cc cream and powder over it, it isn't always necessary.  It gave my skin a soft, dewy glow when I wore it by itself.  This was a nice alternative for those days I'm rushing or simply feeling too lazy to get all dolled up.  Applying a bit of this will still give your skin a healthy, fresh look.


Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss 

 
 Retail: $6.00
 
 
Ohh how I love my pink and nude glosses!  "Girl Next Door" is perfect for totally plumped up, luscious lips.  It gives you that tingly feeling while it works to amp up your pout, and the soft, sheer pink works great on its own, or over a nude lipstick.  Personally, its become one of my go-tos because it matches every look and makes me feel very natural and fresh.  (The newest staple in my purse).  It has long wearability that doesn't smudge, and the formula is light without that sticky feeling.        
 
 
 
 
Retail: $6.00
 
I liked this mascara well enough.  It too (like another mascara I've tried recently) was a bit of a challenge to remove, even though it doesn't say anywhere that it is waterproof.  That said, it did NOT smudge or run.  I can't say it made them super long, but it did a fair job of making my lashes look nice and full.  Something to note is that the wand is shorter then most and may make it easier for some to control and get good and close to the base of your lashes.   
 
 
 
Retail: $6.00
 
This palette full of amazing colours for fall.  It ranges from warm, rich browns and glittering golds, to delicate neutrals, and they all have a soft shimmer.  I found it to be a very versatile palette.  It lets you create a sophisticated, office chic day look, that can easily be amped up using its deeper browns and gold for a sultry smoky eye come evening.  The pigmentation is great and they wore well over the course of my 8 hour day.  I applied them over Too Faced's anti crease eye shadow primer and they stayed in place perfectly with no smudging.  There was also very little fall after application (score!).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Retail: $5.00
 
The liner had good fluidity during application, and went on smoothly.  I've had trouble fining liners that don't smudge off my waterline, but this one stayed on very well.  I wore it to a wedding which included a full night of dancing and I only had to reapply once.  I'd say this one's a keeper! 
 
 
 
 All products are available at Walmart.com .
 
Have you ever tried Hardy Candy makeup before?  Which is your favorite product?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Follow Me on Pinterest
  1. It's difficult for me to pick just one, but I will give you a short list. Take Me Out eyeliner, Top Ten eyeshadow palette in neutral and green, 10,000 Lashes mascara primer, as well as the 10,000 Lashes mascara. And a great big nod to the Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencil. They make a lot of great products. I could go on, but I promised a short list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...