Saturday, September 28, 2013

Origins Smarty Plants Launch Event Benefiting Charity: Water





I recently had the pleasure of attending Origins Smarty Plants™ CC SPF 20 Skin complexion corrector launch event benefiting charity: water, hosted by Shameless actress Emmy Rossum.  The evening was an incredible inspiration, held at Jimmy at The James Hotel overlooking a breathtaking view of the Manhattan skyline.    






Smarty Plants™ uses SMART technology to protect, perfect and correct skin, containing algae that hydrates the skin. Similarly, charity: water, a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries, implements Remote Sensors that have intuitive technology to keep water flowing, correcting if the water project is broken.

Origins and its newest product, Smarty Plants, is helping charity: water correct the global water crisis. Help by donating $30 and Origins will match the first 1,000 pledges.  $30 provides one person in Ethiopia clean drinking water for up to 10 years. Tweet #donate #smartyplants or click here to show your support! 





Emmy Rossum wowed us all as she walked the Green Carpet in a coordinating J. Mendel blush skirt and top paired with sky-high nude Christian Louboutin heels and matching clutch. Additional celeb attendees showed support including : Star of The Following and active charity: water supporter Jessica Stroup, Influencer and Author, Kelly Bensimon, Star of MTV’s The Challenge and People.com Blogger, Diem Brown and  Star of MTV’s Real World San DiegoAshleyMarie Kelsey.  Guests enjoyed a night of dancing to music played by DJ Hannah Bronfman and sipping on #SmartyPlants Mojitos while showing support and dedication to the cause.  





Retail: $35.00


Not to be overshadowed was the belle of the ball herself:  Origins Smarty Plants™ CC SPF 20 Skin complexion corrector.  This is perhaps one of my favorite products this season.  There's been so much buzz over the BB creams but CC creams have been on the rise as well.  I love this one because of all the ones I've tried, this one truly blends perfectly with the color of my skin.  I've been using its shade in light and it camouflages every flaw into total invisibility.  It is available in light- medium and medium-dark, and while my skin is definitely on the light end of the spectrum, I was still surprised to see it blend so perfectly to my color.  Almost as if it were made just for me. 

The formula is nice and light so it didn't feel heavy on my skin and it didn't get cakey.  It contains natural ingredients and also helps hydrate, which is important for someone like me (whose skin is on the dry side).  Many times when I apply foundations, there are small, but visible dry patches around the tip of my nose, but this helped to hydrate those areas and ultimately diminish them.  

Its made without parabens, sulfates and phtalates, and it also comes with a pleasant scent.  I can't quite put my finger on it but its somewhat citrusy and left me feeling refreshed after I applied it, which was a nice little bonus to have in the morning as I applied the rest of my makeup :)



Have you tried this product?  Have you tried any other Origins products?  Which is your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...