Redken Creative Consultant Guido kicked off Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 with a fresh and more modern interpretation of the quintessential downtown chic look we know so well. Guido created a simply, yet stylized look by juxtaposing a clean, shellacked finish on top with a more natural and soft finish throughout the ends.
"I wanted to take the Rag & Bone girl and give her a bit more style. By adding different textures and products in the hair, and by using them a bit more extremely, I was able to create a modern element to this more natural, grunge look." -Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Products Used:
- Apply satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair from root to ends.
- Create a clean middle part.
- Blow-dry hair straight until reaching mid-lengths.
- Spray mid-lengths and ends with a little water, adding more satinwear 02 prepping bow-dry lotion if needed. Allow hair to air-dry for natural texture.
- Apply forceful 23 super-strength finishing spray to the straight part to create a flat, clean, and crisp look on top, making sure to eliminate any fly-aways.
- Use a dryer on top of head to set the hairspray and add shine.
All photos and information courtesy of Redken