Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review: Clinique All About Shadow Quad

 
I don't own many Clinique.  My collection is somewhat eclectic and pretty much consists of the complimentary items gifted when you make a large purchase.  Clinique is a little pricey for me and the few times I splurge are always on the same few brands that make my mouth water.  But, lucky for me my mom is a fan and kindly sends me her fun extras.  
 
The latest addition to my collection is the All About Shadow Quad.   It is a small compact that is a compilation of shades from three other palettes:
 
 
 
 

 
Clockwise from top:
 
1.) Teal shade from the Galaxy quad 
2.) Black shade from Jenna's Essential quad
3.) Foxier from soft shimmer quad
4.) Sugar Cane from Soft Shimmer quad
 
Surprisingly enough, this has become one of my favorite winter palettes.  I've been wearing it non stop for the past two weeks.  Their consistency is really smooth and gives great coverage.  No, amazing coverage.  The colours include a lovely ivory white, a caramel brown, a soft teal and an intense black. 
 
I shocked myself by falling partial to the fierce black shade from the Jenna's Essentials nude quad.  I applied it to my crease over the caramel brown, and used the ivory under my brow bone as a highlighter.  It created a soft but very dramatic effect. Loved it.
 
All the shadows have a trace of shimmer, but its subtle.  They're easy to blend and have supreme longevity.  I wore them through an eight hour day of work and through two hours at the gym.  Yes, I used makeup setting spray but the formula sets pretty quickly after application.  They showed no signs of smudging or fallout.  I simply can't find anything wrong with this little gem of a palette.  The only downside is I don't believe it is available for purchase, (I can't find it online) which is a shame because its a great combination of colours.  But should you be curious about the quality of the All About Shadow Quad series, they definitely have my stamp of approval.
 
 
Have you tried any of the All About Shadow Quads?  DO you have a favorite?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...