Friday, February 22, 2013

Merlot Skin Care

 
 
 
 
Hello my beauties, you all know how much I love a good chapstick, which is why I wanted to post about my newest obsession: Merlot Skin Care Lip Moisturizer.  Merlot is an amazing new brand I came across at a recent BeautyPress "Spotlight Day" event, held here in NYC. 
 
The brand's creator, Wayne Beckley, incorporates the power of natural grape seed antioxidants into each one of his specialized formulas to fight free radicals like pollution and harmful UV rays that routinely damage our skin. 
 
 
I gave Merlot's balm a coveted spot on my exclusive "go-to" list (which I am very particular about!) because it totally deserves it.  
 
 
 
Pros:
  •  Rich consistency, but felt lightweight on my lips. 
  • No waxy or greasy feeling, and left no residue behind.
  • Provided lasting wearability with minimal applications. 
  • Acted as the perfect lip treatment: I applied it after using a lip exfoliant and it left my lips feeling so soft and nourished.   
  • Contains SPF 15
  • Loved its adorable purple colour!

Cons:

  • It was very light, but I detected a somewhat waxy scent.  (I was hoping for a hint of grape :( 
 
 
I was also given a sample of the Moonlight Radiance Night Cream, and found so many elements of this cream that I just love.  For starters, it has a very unique texture; kind of like a gel-cream.  It was thick and creamy, but went on ultra light and absorbed in a flash.  A little goes a long way in this case, and its gentle scent of freshly picked grapes is simply divine.  It uses key ingredients: Argireline and Matrixyl 3000 which work to boost skin's tone, diminish wrinkles and fine lines, and hydrate overnight.  Overall it has a lovely, soothing formula that left my skin feeling refreshed and healthy looking the next morning. 
 
 Retail: 4 oz. tub $20.00  
     





 Merlot Skincare is a brand with really affordable products that, from what I have tried so far, are very effective. I would definitely recommend this line and am eager to try more of its products.

 
 
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...