Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lancome Paris Golden Hat Illuminating Smooth Powder


I was recently browsing cosmetics online when I came across Lancôme Paris 2011 Limited Edition Golden Hat Illuminating Smooth Powder Goldenescent Glow.  Its delicate two tone design of a shimmering gold hat on top of a soft pink background drew me in and I couldn’t help but give it a try.  After further reading I learned the collection was created in collaboration with Kate Winslet in support of her Golden Hat Foundation, a non-profit organization that aspires to raise funds to help improve the lives of children with autism. 
The sleek black compact sports an outline of the foundation’s golden hat emblem that sits above Kate Winslet’s signature.  Inside are two shades of powder: a warm gold and a soft, pale pink.  While both shades are shimmering at first, the shimmer is just an over lay that disappears after the first few uses.  When it’s gone, you are left with a gentle matte finish. 

I enjoyed using this compact because the shades mix together beautifully to create a natural, healthy looking glow.  While it gives you the option to use them separately I found they work best on my skin tone when mixed together.  I have many pink undertones in my skin and found it convenient that the gold had a stronger pigmentation.  The pink remained subtle and acted as a compliment to my natural coloring.  I used it as an all over powder and found it covered evenly and diminished shine.  Once the shimmer was gone, I actually liked it better because I didn’t have to worry about it rubbing off. 

I appreciate collections that aim to give something back and recommend Lancôme Paris Limited Edition Golden Hat Collection as one worth trying.
Retail $42.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...