Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Latest Pink Goodies: LONDONTOWN Nail Polish & Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

 
It goes without saying that I'm an obvious pink fanatic.  So it was all I could do not to cover myself in it from head to toe with the latest glosses from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics and polish from LONDONTOWN . 
 
 
 
Retail: $22.00
 
After a little research I learned this GORGEOUS shade from LONDONTOWN, pays homage to its hometown of Radlett, England.  As a child, founder Natasha Dillon was taught a treasured family remedy that worked to maintain hydrated hands and nails.           
 
Deciding to share this valuable remedy has certainly be beneficial for all of us.  KUR is a naturally derived nail treatment system that is a thoughtful holistic approach to restoring, strengthening and hydrating nails and cuticles.  Its formulas combine nail care science with the nourishing and restorative properties of Britain’s rapeseed flower oil, chamomile, cucumber and other essential oils and extracts as it aims to work beyond the nail surface.  
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I was infatuated with Radlett based on its colour alone, but quickly realized its ingredients were very effective.  For about two months now, I've been applying Quimica polish as my base coat before every mani, to help strengthen and grow my nails.  These manis, however, usually only last a few days before my nails start to feel weak again and I need to reapply it.   But I noticed that with LONDONTOWN my nails felt strong for over a week, and I was surprised to see that they were continuing to grow.  I also noticed there was NO chipping for that entire week, no matter how much of a beating my hands and nails took.  It gives solid coverage and has a pretty notable glossy finish.  I liked the look so much that I used it again for my next mani, only this time I jazzed it up with a little silver crackle from Sally Hansen.   
 
LONDONTOWN polishes are also:
 
    Formaldehyde-free
Toulene-free
DBP-free
Formaldehyde resin-free
Camphor-free
Vegan, gluten-free and cruelty-free.
Product is 12 ml - .4 fl. oz.
 
Learn more about LONDONTOWN's 5-Step treatment.
 
 

Retail: $20.00
OCC Crème Colour Concentrate
 
 
This was such a fun product to use.  It's versatile in use, appropriate for eyes, lips and cheeks, but personally for my skin tone, it worked best as a lip colour.  It's an interesting shade because at first glance it appears to be light, peach, but then once you swirl it around for application, it deepens into a vibrant peachy, red.  Above all, it is great quality.  It has buildable coverage so you can intensify the colour when you want, its lightweight, and I found its texture to be especially smooth. 
 
 

 
 
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss
Retail: $18.00
 
 
L-R: Aurora and Hedonist
 
I still remember the first time I ever tried Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip tars.  It was a deep red and I was so impressed that I went on a raved about it for weeks.  The fact that I had applied at 8am, and had the exact same vibrancy by 5pm, without any touch ups had floored me.  So of course I was excited to snag a few OCC Stained Glosses while at CHICSTUDIOS  5 year anniversary celebration!    
 
I received Aurora and Hedonist- two delicious variations of pink :p 
 
OCC's Stained Gloss collection was inspired by the effects created from lighting gels and stained glass.  They're supposed to combine the color intensity of the lip tars with a translucent, glossy finish.  It sounded as if they had taken the manifique lip tars one step further and my expectations were pretty high.
 
Now, these didn't end up blowing me away like the tars, but I do like them.  For starters, they were not sticky or tacky.  Not even a little bit.  The texture was one of the lightest I've ever worn, and they made my lips feel slightly moist.  The color pay off is amazing.  They do have a sheen, but it doesn't last more then a couple hours.  Personally, I don't mind this because after the sheen wears off, what you're left with is a really gorgeous stain.  Strangely enough, I didn't really feel like I was wearing a gloss per say, but more of a very lightweight lipstick.  This made sense when I learned they can also be use to add a little color to your cheeks. 
Overall, I did enjoy using these and would recommend them if you like versatility in your make up, and don't crave a constant high shine. 
 
 
 
Paraben-Free courtesy of refreshing Peppermint Oil.

100% Vegan & Gluten-Free
 
 
Contains:
Organic Hemp Oil & Soy-Derived Vitamin E
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...