Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty Skincare




If you haven't already heard about super model Cindy Crawford's new skincare line "Meaningful Beauty" I encourage you to read on.  When I was contacted to try it, I was both curious and eager to get started with the regimen that Cindy Crawford herself deems worthy enough to use on a daily basis.  The kit comes with seven products including the Skin Softening Cleanser, the Glowing Serum, the Crème de Sérum, the Skin Brightening Décolleté and Neck Treatment SPF 15, Lifting Eye Crème- Advanced Formula, Antioxidant Day Crème SPF 20 UVA/UVB and Glycolic Treatment Pads. 


Skin Softening Cleanser:
It has a creamy texture with an ultra light scent, and can be applied to either wet or dry skin.  Personally I found it worked better on dry skin.  Since it does not lather, I felt it held better to my dry skin and could feel it working to remove the dirt and oils.  I noticed a decrease in blackheads around my nose and it left my skin feeling smooth and refreshed.  Best of all was I only needed a small amount, meaning the bottle will last a while.  I did have some difficulty when attempting to remove eye makeup and had to go back with makeup remover, but ultimately I found it to be an effective cleanser that I would definitely use again. 

Crème de Sérum (Be still my heart!):
Ahh where to begin with the fabulosity of this serum?  This triple helix phenomenon contains superoxide dismutase, an antioxidant that protects skin, anti- aging peptides to minimize lines and wrinkles and hyaluronic acid for that fresh, dewy glow.  These combined elements create a preventative premature anti- aging cocktail that hydrated my skin so well I actually felt a difference if I missed an application. 
It states to use once daily, but I got into the habit of using it both morning and night.  I used 3 microscopic pumps and the bottle still lasted well over a month.  It's silky texture left my skin super smooth and acted as a great primer before applying powder or other makeup.  It absorbed uber quick and didn't leave any greasy feeling behind.  I can't get enough of this serum!

Skin Brightening Décolleté and Neck Treatment SPF 15:
Using this was actually a new experience for me.  I had only recently began applying moisturizers to my neck and having a specific formula specifically designed for the neck and decollete area was unique.  It had a light texture that I was skeptical of at first, but it was much lighter then sunscreen and absorbed better.  It left my skin touchably smooth rather then greasy or oily.  I don't feel like my skin was necessarily brighter, but it did feel smoother after applications.
    
Antioxidant Day Crème SPF 20 UVA/UVB:
This formula I found too heavy and oily for my sensitive skin.  It felt very much like straight sunscreen and in my case, daily sunscreen applications make me break out uncontrollably.  I prefer to use cosmetics with SPF already in them to avoid the irritation.  After just a couple applications, I decided to discontinue use of it all together. 

Glowing Serum:
This formula contains soy protein, marine botanicals and antioxidants and is meant to rejuvenate your skin.  It's texture went on smooth but left behind a tacky, sticky feeling.  The tackiness faded after several minutes but for days I was in a rush I had to skip it.  I found it made blending and spreading make up difficult and I didn't always have time to wait for it to dry.  It managed to leave my skin soft, but it comes in a very small 17 FL oz bottle and if not used sparingly, can run out quickly. 

Lifting Eye Crème- Advanced Formula:
This formula focuses on decreasing lines and dark circles.  To be honest, I'm still in my twenties and am luckily not yet showing signs of aging around the eyes, making this cream difficult for me to test and determine it's effectiveness. 

Glycolic Treatment Pads:
The pads are meant to exfoliate and revitalize skin, even help minimize pores and fine lines when used consistently. I found these to come in handy for travel or when I was rushing.  They left my skin feeling clean and refreshed and were very gentle.  Not rough or overly soapy like other exfoliating pads.  I am not sure they did much to my pores, but they did give my skin a healthy boost and that instant "pick me up" we all sometimes need. 

Retail: $39.95

Available at  Meaningfulbeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...