International makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury has her hand on the pulse of what’s hot in beauty through the decades spent creating unsurpassed beauty looks for her celebrity clientele. Charlotte has combed through her personal archives and pulled her picks for the perfect beauty looks to kick off the festival season.
Coachella is the ultimate cool, bohemian festival that often informs beauty trends and fashion styles for the season. The desert setting means dewy, creamy textures work well, rather than powder-based products which can slip off in the heat. These tips from Charlotte will keep you looking gorgeous from Coachella to Governor’s Ball and everywhere in between:
· Coachella is all about fringed crop-tops, and leg-baring denim cut-offs; so make like Gisele and use a moisturizing, gleam-getting, gorgeous illuminator cream to highlight your arms, legs, and décolletage. For the face, mix a high SPF with a light-reflecting illuminator like Tom Ford’s Summer Skin Illuminator for glowing protection. Build up the sheen on temples, cheeks and nose to mimic where the sun would light up the face.
· Create a seductive smoky eye in seconds with a crème eye shadow pen – you can keep it in your shoulder bag. Sweep over the eyelids, smudging outwards and upwards with your finger to create a winged look. For added summer sexiness, smudge underneath the lower lash line too.
· Add a pop of color to bronzed, freckled skin by using a striking stain on the lips – experiment with eye-catching coral, berry and plum tones of Becca’s Beach Tint. Cheat a smattering of freckles by painting them in using a soft, taupe eyeliner.
· Lipstick is your best friend. Vamp up your ethereal maxi-dress with a crimson pout and blend a little color onto the apples of the cheeks for an effortlessly pretty, dewy glow.
· Keep a little stash of pointed Q-tips, some face-wipes (festival is the only acceptable occasion to use these!) and a mini pot of moisturizer in your emergency kit. A Q-tip can help fix a poised feline flick on even the wildest of dance floors.
You can find more hot looks for this season by checking Charlotte out on: