Saturday, May 31, 2014

Review: My Amazing Blow Dry Secret

 
Long, thick curls may be what most consider "good hair" but what's often not considered is what a challenge they are to maintain.  That being said, blow drying my hair is something I rarely ever do and definitely not something I look forward to.  Any stylist whose ever had to work this head of hair will tell you their arms have felt the burn afterwards.  
 
 
 
    
So naturally I was curious when I came across My Amazing Blow Dry Secret  at the last beautypress event here in NYC.  A product designed to cut the time your hair's blow dry time down by 50%.    
 
But before I go any further, I'd like to note that this is the sexiest shampoo trio I've ever owned.  Their packaging theme is adorable and I actually get excited seeing them... just sitting there all pretty and pink <sigh>   Ok, now back to business!
 
 
The Trio Includes:
 
$22.00 for 10.1-fl oz.- Shampoo 
$24.00 for 10.1-fl oz. Conditioner
 
 $25.00 for 6.78-oz.
 
 
 
How They Work:
 
 
The Shampoo and Conditioner contain a specialized coconut oil-based water-wicking system which disperses the water throughout your hair, so it can evaporate faster.  Here's how:
  • Natural, fractionated, cold processed virgin coconut oil hydrosol, a special form of coconut oil with super-fine molecules, disperses quickly through the hair, taking the water with it and helping it evaporate much faster.
  • When the water evaporates, the ultra fine coconut oil clings to the hair, carrying the moisturizers, heat protectants, frizz fighters and shine enhancers, so they remain on the hair even after rinsing.




The Quick Dry Shake’n Spray® contains a two-part formula with quick-dry agents in the top clear half, and conditioners, moisturizers, thermal protectors and frizz fighters in the bottom pink half.  Shake the bottle to blend them together, then spritz onto wet hair.  The quick-dry agents evaporate rapidly, taking the water with them, drying hair up to 50% faster. At the same time, the conditioners, moisturizers, protectors and frizz fighters remain on the hair to leave it healthy and shiny
 
 
 
 
Do They Work?
 
So basically, the amazing secret revealed is this coconut oil.   The verdict???
 
 
Yes, this stuff works and it's pretty cool.  Typically when I blow dry my hair, I just want to get it dry.  I am not sitting there doing it in sections and trying to get it straight and/or style it.  I am simply trying to remove the moisture completely out of it which usually takes me about 25 solid minutes to do.  After using the shampoo, conditioner and spray I was able to get it totally dry in about 15 minutes flat, which to me is pretty impressive.  It isn't quite the 50% time reduction mentioned on the bottle, but it is certainly faster.  My hair felt soft afterwards and was really easy to brush out because the spray also helped detangle the knots.   



 
 
The formulas for both the shampoo and conditioner were pretty light and rinsed out well.  I didn't experience any build up.  I love the spray the most.  Even though it is for thermal protection, I still use it on days when I'm not applying any heat.  It's great for adding some extra moisture and shine and even provides UV protection, which you can never have enough of.  All three have the same light, sweet scent.  It doesn't linger very long (although personally I wish it did because I like it) but for the time you're using it, it's pleasant.   
 
Overall, this is definitely the trio to take home if you're an avid blow dry junkie and want to save yourself some primp time. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...