Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Beauty Box 5: February Box

 
 
 
 
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear, Beauty Box 5!  February was a special month for Beauty Box 5 as they celebrated their second birthday.  And celebrate they did with what's been my favorite box thus far. 
 
I've never been more excited to be part of the Beauty Box 5 review team because not only was this month's box the best yet, but I feel like its a sign of even more exciting things to come from them.  For all the newcomers out there, Beauty Box 5 is a fun monthly subscription that hand picks five of the beauty industry's top products and delivers them straight to your door.
 
 
 
 Check out this month's goodies:

 
 
 
 
Rockstar Nails
Nail Polish $14.99 & Nail Sprinkles $14.99
 
Aside from the fact that these are a deliciously bright pink (my utmost favorite color), I love that this is a caviar duo.  The caviar look creates such an awesome effect on nails and I've been dying to try it out in a new fun color .. Which will be perfect for perking up these dull winter days!  
 
 
 
 
 
John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner
Retail: $6.99 8.45 fl 
 
John Freida is one of the pricier drugstore brands that I've tried in the past but don't buy on a regular basis so this was a cool treat.  This pair, however, is designed to deliver volume and fullness to those with thin or fine hair.  Since volume is the last thing my unruly mane needs, I probably won't be lathering them up anytime soon, but I did sneak a whiff, and for the record they smell really good.  Its kind of summery and sweet like coconut. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Retail: $6.99
 
 
Something a girl can never have a enough of: forms of makeup remover.  In all honesty I wasn't expecting much when I ripped these bad boys open, but I'm here to tell you that they did a darn fine job.  One pad removed all of my makeup (very easily I might add) including all of my mascara, and my skin felt soft and smooth afterwards. It took less then two minutes and there wasn't even any soap type residue to rinse off.  This is a product that I would seriously consider purchasing if I came across it in the stores.  Products like these are great because they're so convenient and are easy to tuck away in your purse for emergencies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Retail: $19.99 .33 fl oz.
 
What would a big birthday bash be without some big "look at me" lashes?  I was excited to try this mascara because I had heard good things about it and you beauties know how harsh I am with new  mascaras.  But this has a key element that I was eager to try: the hourglass wand.  Its shaped similar to Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes Retro Glam (which I love). 
Well my darlings, this little guy did not disappoint.  It lengthened my lashes very nicely and because of that magic wand, I was able to get a noticeable fan effect going.  The volume wasn't overwhelming, but after several coats they began to look pretty good.  I still wish the color was darker and that the consistency was thicker so I could create a more dramatic effect, but overall its a good mascara.  Some benefits of the light formula is that it dries quickly, and keeps from weighing down your lashes so they can stay curled.  (Personally I usually don't usually curl them, I prefer to just blink into the wand) but for those of you who like a good curl, this should work well for you.





No outfit is complete without the perfect accessories and in true beauty fashion, Beauty Box 5 also included a coupon for $10.00 off a purchase at MyNameNecklace.com!  There's countless styles to chose from like monograms, initial charms, nameplates, bracelets and everything can be personalized.  I've already got my eye on a gold beauty and am just deciding what to have written on it :D

And don't forget to enter their celebratory birthday giveaway!! Enter their facebook sweepstakes to win two tickets to an amazing weekend getaway with Campowerment !  Contest ends 2/28-- best of luck dolls!!


Interested in learning more about Beauty Box 5?  Get the deets here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...