Summer is almost here and those wedding invites are starting to pile up! Jenny Balding, Cutler/ Redken Stylist shares her favorite DIY styles that are easy breezy to create, and still look as if you walked out of the salon with the bridal party. If there are no weddings on your calendar yet, these are still trendy enough for summer parties or any fun events you might have lined up!
Disheveled Halo Braid
This is the perfect way to have style your hair if your attending a wedding in the heat of summer. You never have to worry about it all day and night! This would look best on an open neckline e.g strapless or thin like straps.
- Create a middle part and split the hair into two sections
- Braid each section starting just behind the chair
- Bring one braid over the top and secure with hair pin behind ear
- Use the hair hair pin like an anchor and twist it back on itself. This is the perfect to disguise and secure your halo braid.
- Then secure through the top sections if necessary with a couple of hair pins
- Repeat on other side
Sleek Center Braid
This is perfect for summer wedding as it keeps your hair off your face but still allows you to wear your hair down and works with any neckline!
- Blow dry very straight by using a smoothing, straightening lotion
- Section a mohawk section of 2" width coming into a point at the nape
- Use a dry shampoo on this section to create texture and grip to the hair
- Reverse braid from the hairline right down to the nape and secure with small band
- If necessary, finish by using straightening irons to the loose hair to create a sleek, polished feel.
Do you think you'll try any of these styles? Which one? If so, don't be shy, I'd love to see pics!