As an ongoing supporter of Global Green USA, Pureology Serious Colour Care enlisted Natasha Sunshine, Pureology Artistic Ambassador and owner of Byuti Salons in Santa Monica and Brentwood, to showcase anticipated Oscar hairstyles and provide complimentary hair touch-ups at Global Green USA's 10th Annual Pre-Oscar® Party. Hollywood's elite activists and green-minded celebrities enjoyed a night of eco-friendly cocktails, dining and entertainment, including a performance by seven-time Grammy Award winner Willie Nelson. Proceeds from the evening will benefit Global Green USA's work to build greener, more resilient homes, schools, and communities in areas devastated by Hurricane Sandy.
Pureology Artistic Ambassador, Natasha Sunshine with Sophia Bush (r) and Sharon Lawrence (l)
Get the Look:
Everyone is busy gearing up for tomorrow's big Oscar night and one thing is for sure, our beloved celebs come dressed to impress! For those of you lovelies heading out to your own Oscar party, try these two stunning, yet easy-to-achieve hair looks, with step-by-steps from Pureology Artistic Ambassador, Natasha Sunshine:
Boho Downstyle:This undone style will turn heads and is quick and easy to achieve.
- Start with day old hair for a lived-in texture. Scrunch in Anti-Breakage Twist throughout.
- Using a 1 ½-2" curling iron, wrap hair around the iron changing direction on each section until entire head is set.
- Once again, scrunch entire head to blend waves. Add additional Anti-Breakage Twist for silkier texture to give additional body and Cuticle Polisher for thicker hair textures to add shine.
- Braid the center braid down the back keeping the hair very loose at the roots. Add each side braid in to meet at the back-center of the head. Create a messy bun. Secure grips with an X shape under bun for added security
- Give a final spray with Strengthening Control hairspray.
Hot Tip: This style can skip the braid if need be. It looks fantastic both ways.
- Starting with wet hair, apply a dollop-size of Nourishing Nectar throughout.
- Rough dry hair until 100% dry.
- Choose a side or middle part and French-braid front portion to the ear then continue a regular braid to tips.
- Lace or tease hair from the middle back to ends and spray with Strengthening Control hairspray.
- Scrunch the back hair into a messy bun and secure using your grips in an X fashion. Continue placing hair until all hair is secured up and feels like it will last the evening.
- Finish with a final dousing of Strengthening Control Hairspray.
Undone Braided Chignon:
Get that princess sophistication with a messy spin on the chignon.
Hot Tip: If hair is extra silky, you may set hair using steps 1-3 from the Boho Downstyle