Saturday, July 1, 2017

Review: Skinny Tan Gradual Tanner


Summer is here, and thus time to get my tan on!  Since lounging on the beach in the scorching sun isn't an ideal option for this fair skinned chick, I'm all about a killer fake bake.  I decided to kick off the season with Skinny Tan Gradual Tanner .
Advertised as "a white body butter cream with lower level of natural tanning activities to layer on to skin each day to achieve the perfect depth of a tan" it contains a natural tanning active plus Guarana that develops into a lasting tan.  So ultimately it works with your body's natural chemistry to create a tan that's right for your.  But why Guarana you ask?  Good question.  The naturally derived Guarana element is what puts the "skinny" in Skinny Tan.  The ingredient is said to help reduce the appearance of cellulite, hence making your biki bod look that much more bodacious.



I don't feel like I can attest to any visible changes regarding cellulite since I only used it for a week, but who knows?  Maybe further use over the coming summer months with make the difference.  I can, however, tell you that tanning wise, this stuff is da bomb (cuz Ima 90's chick).



I started with the Pre- Tanner Primer to exfoliate and then used the mit applicator to apply the tanner to my right leg.  It's texture had a creamy consistency and felt more like a luxe moisturizer then a sticky, smelly tanner.  The cream is white so note there are no color markings to guide you while you apply.  The scent is a delicious caramel/coconut mix, which is awesome because you don't have to deal with the nasty "I just slathered myself with tanner" scent that even everyone recognizes. 


 
I loved that there was basically no dry time.  Since it applied like a lotion, it absorbed quickly and I didn't have to worry about color transfer or sticking to my clothes.  You might think it would be tricky to apply a tanner with no color guide, making it easy to miss spots but... well, see yourself!



This is the result of one application a day, for seven straight days.  It made no difference that the lotion was colorless, I was still able to achieve even coverage (and easily I might add).  By the third day, I even tossed the mit aside and applied it with my bare hands.  I eventually noticed a slight discoloring on the insides of my palms by the fifth day, but nothing extreme.  

Overall I LOVE this tanner.  It's an obvious, but natural looking golden glow, which is exactly what a good tanner should leave behind.  There was no streaking whatsoever, and it even held up well during my cardio workouts.  No sweat streaks or fading, and still no color transfer on my clothes or bedsheets.
My only criticism would be that I wish it came in larger bottles.  Being fair skinned and liking it so much, I know I'll go through it quickly before the end of summer.  I guess the brand read my mind because I happened to notice they're currently running a BOGO sale on their website.  I would definitely recommend trying this tanner, especially for those who are fair skinned.      


Shop Skinny Tan



Have you tried Skinny Tan? What did you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...