Monday, August 22, 2016

Summer Eats

Hi dolls!  I mentioned earlier that I've been hopping around to new restaurants and noting the ones worth sharing.  As promised, here is a list of my latest taste sessions!
 
 
 
Last weekend a friend and I headed back out to Long Beach to start savoring these final days in the sun and enjoy more good ol' summertime eats.
 
 
 
We stopped for lunch at The Park Sports Bar and Grill where I ordered a tasty buffalo chicken wrap and sweet potato fries! 
 
 
No summer lunch is complete without a cocktail and this time I paired it with a yummy
Piña colada!
 
 
 
On the walk back to the beach, we stopped to indulge in a delicious Italian Ice from Gino's.  I ordered the Vanilla Chip, which was SO good, and only $1.50!!


 
On a whim, a friend and I headed over to Jora in Long Island City Queens for some authentic Peruvian cuisine.
 
 
 
I ordered the Arroz con Mariscos which is a Peruvian seafood style paella, and I HIGHLY recommend it to any seafood lover.  It's the perfect size portion and has everything from shrimp and calamari to octopus and muscles. 

 
We ended the meal with a scoop of Helado de Lucuma, described as a homemade tropical fruit ice cream.  It is almond praline flavor so I'm not sure how it's considered tropical, but either way it was delicious!!  Between the relaxing ambiance and great tasting food, it's definitely a spot you want to hit if you're in the area.         
 
 
For those who aren't familiar with it, NYC restaurant week just recently ended.  It's one of my favorite parts of living in the city because it lets you experience high end restaurants without breaking the bank.  Each restaurant creates a customized fixed menu at a lower rate that usually they include a 3 course meal, making it easier and more affordable for you to indulge.
  
Located on 58th Street, Le Cirque is a widely popular French restaurant, known to many celebs like Robert De Niro.  So when my friend and I saw they were participating, we made our reservation ASAP.
 
 
 
Drink:
Prosecco
 
Dish:
Fusilli Pasta
 
 
Dish:
Aubergine Parmigiana.

Dish:
Le Cirque Crème brûlée
 
 
 
Next stop was Mr. Chow, the famous Chinese restaurant which I heard from many people was amazing, and I was dying to try it.

Dish:
The restaurant's homemade noodles and spicy sauce, which are a must have if you ever decide to go.  
 
 
 
This restaurant took a slightly different approach and designed it so that your party could share and experience several different dishes.  My friend and I ordered the shrimp and velvet chicken, which came with specialty rice and string beans.
 

Dessert was two scoops of mouth watering sorbet.  A fine way to end a delicious meal! 
 
 
 
 
 
Have you been to any of these restaurants?  How was your experience?  Are you interested in trying any of them?
 









 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...