Sunday, July 12, 2015

Review: ecobrow Defining Wax

 
 
I've always had difficulty coloring my brows, mainly because as a red head, it's tricky to find a color that matches and looks natural.  And since my brows are ridiculously light, adding color is really the only way they stand out, regardless of their shape.  
 
Which is why, I was eager to try ecobrow Defining Wax , created by celebrity eyebrow stylist; Marco Ochoa.  It's the first line of mineral based, 100% natural makeup for eyebrows whose formula blends and diffuses easily into the brow hair, and contains silica for oil absorption as well as nourishing Vitamin E.  It is also paraben- free which is always a good thing!
 
 
Retail: $26.00 
 
The color breakdowns help you pick a close match (list is below).  The color I chose to try was "Rita", designed for auburn, ginger, and strawberry red hair (ie; Julianne Moore, Jessica Chastain and Christina Hendricks). 
Since I'm mostly used to applying with pencils, I figured I might have some issues controlling the placement of the product, but it was surprisingly easy.  The color is buildable, but after testing it on my hand, I could I tell it was nicely pigmented.  So I made sure to start with a light layer, applying it with the angled tip of the applicator, and kept adding until I felt satisfied.  I used the bristled end to start blending it out.  Even though it's considered a wax, the texture was creamier and more pliable so blending was a breeze. 
I applied around 7am and the color was still visible by the end of my day around 5pm.  It definitely wore better then the pencils I've been using, which usually end up fading or rubbing off.


 
Before
After: Color Rita

Overall, I loved this.  It made such a difference and it's great to finally have a color that works with my face. 
 
Colors available in:
 
Marilyn /Blond:
Think - Gwen Stefani, Meryl Streep and Kate Hudson
Suggested for: light brown, golden, ash, strawberry, and grey hair.
 
Rita/Auburn: 
Think - Julianne Moore, Jessica Chastain and Christina Hendricks
Suggested for: auburn, ginger, and strawberry red hair.
 
Penelope /Brunette:
Think - Sofia Vergara, Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba
Suggested for: Brown to medium brown hair.
 
Liz/Dark Brunette:
Think: - Zoe Zaldana, Salma Hayek, and Mila Kunis
Suggested for: medium brown to dark brown (almost black) hair
 
Get more ecobrow here   

Shop ecobrow at Sephora


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...