Las night's 56th Grammy Awards and was a star studded event where celebs like Beyoncé and Rita Ora strutted some of the hottest "gotta get it" hair styles! Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Styling and Grooming Expert, shares her favorite styles of the night, and shares some exclusive tips and easy how-to steps for recreating these red carpet looks!
Beyoncé – "LOVE her ultra sexy chin length bob – this looks amazing because of the colors throughout…dark roots into dark blonde into bright blonde ends." - Jenny Balding
Get the Look:
- If your hair is curly…
- Create a middle part when wet
- Apply a curl enhancing cream throughout from roots to ends (Redken Curvaceous Full Swirl is perfect for this)
- Air dry or lightly dry using a diffuser on low speed and low heat from underneath so as not to create volume at the roots.
- Shake out with fingers.
- If your hair is straight or wavy…
- Use a medium sized curling iron to recreate this look.
- Prep hair by misting a light hairspray all over to create texture to the hair (Redken fashion work 12 versatile working spray is light and the perfect spray)
- Create a middle part and use the curling iron vertically and wind small sections all over making sure to keep the top are on the flatter side.
Rita Ora – "This gorgeous, vintage hollywood inspired hair is very stylish and modern because of the color. Having some regrowth and then really blonde throughout is what makes this look." - Jenny Balding
Get the Look:
- Create a low side part on one side
- Blow dry smooth with a large round brush for the perfect foundation
- Use a medium sized curling iron use vertically from mid length to the ends
- Keeping the part and the crown area smooth and no volume.
Photos courtesy of Getty Images