Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review: butter LONDON LIPPY Shimmer Collection






Last month butter LODON launched yet another fabulous addition: The LIPPY Shimmer Collection .   The line features six brand new shades including Beaker, Tickety Boo, Swish, Punch Up, and Pip Pip which retail for $20.00 each.  Each adds the perfect finishing touch for creating that soft, natural summer glow.  PR was kind enough to send me a few samples to work with and each one was a nice compliment to every look I wore.  







Wag:
A sheer, peachy pink shimmer with gold flecks  






Punch Up:
A sheer strawberry shimmer with gold flecks 


I enjoyed wearing them all but I think Wag and Punch Up were my favorites.  While I found each to be suitable for wearing either on their own or over a lipstick, these two were a bit richer, more pigmented colours.  I liked these because they looked almost like bronze glazes, but with flirty pink and gold shimmer that made my lips bolder and really stand out.  I loved the consistency which was ultra smooth, and they were all SUPER shiny.  These two in particular are great if you're looking for the perfect balance of gold, pink and bronze lip colour.    





Beaker:
A nearly clear iridescent shimmer





Swish: 
Sheer apricot shimmer


Beaker and Swish were fun to wear because they were more subtle and natural looking.  They add a hint of shimmer and high sheen to your lips, but allow you to keep your look natural and appear easy breezy.  They're a nice addition to have if you're looking for that effortless, just stepped off the beach kind of look.  These two worked nicely when I applied them over a very natural lip shade.  They dressed up my look and gave it a sun kissed effect.   




Have you tried any of butter LONDON's latest collections?  Are you interested in adding any of the LIPPYS to you summer makeup bag??







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...