Saturday, December 2, 2017

Elmira Darvarova and Melanie Genin Perform Inspiring French Masterpieces at New York Chamber Music Festival

In October I had the amazing opportunity to see Grammy®-nominated recording artist and concert violinist Elmira Darvarova and popular harpist, Melanie Genin perform a series of French Masterpieces. 

Presented by the New York Chamber Music Festival, the performance was held at Christ & St. Stephen's Church in uptown Manhattan.  The program included timeless classics like "Le cygnet/ The Swan" and Meditation from "Thais".  The pair also gifted the audience with three breathtaking American Premieres including M. Marais' Variations from "Les Folies d'Espagne", Naderman and J. Tulou's "Nocturne, Tyrolienne & Rondoletto", and Messiaen's Praise of Jesus' Immortality". 







The pair had spectacular chemistry and it was as if seeing the music come alive on stage.  Each piece was like pure magic.  The performance had barely begun and yet I found myself at the edge of my seat, entranced by the opening notes of The Swan, one of my favorites.  Having danced ballet since the age of seven, I have long been a fan of classical music, and the duo completely blew me away.   

Watch for future performances at New York Chamber Music Festival and learn more about its director, Elmira Darvarova.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...