Saturday, January 23, 2016

Review: WANDER Beauty Paris Collection

 
Created by supermodel and beauty maven Lindsay Ellingson, WANDER Beauty debuts its first Capsule City Inspired Collection: Paris .  Inspired by French women and their love of beauty, the collection aims to capture the vibrancy and spirit of the city of lights.   
 
 
PR kindly sent me samples to try and being the lip stick fiend that I am, of course my eyes immediately went to the Red Love Lock Hydrating Lip Gel.  The color scheme is a sleek burgundy with gold accents, and it's packaging is nice and slim. 
 
 
 
Retail: $24.00
 
Lip gel?!  It was as cool as it sounded.  It glided on effortlessly and was really easy to control during application.  The appearance was comparable to a glossy lipstick, (if that makes sense?).  It's well pigmented and packs a punch of color, and has an obvious shine.  It felt more like a balm/gloss combo.  It was lightweight and soothing like a balm, plus my lips felt super slick as if I had just applied a gloss (minus the stickiness).  The coverage is buildable so you can layer for varied looks.  It is infused with aromatic rose extract and vitamins C and E for nourished lips, and I love the light, sweet fragrance.  I'm definitely a fan!        
 
 
 
Retail: $25.00
 
What girl doesn't love a good highlighter?  Catch the Light Highlighter  is a cream to powder formula designed to create a luminous glow.  This too is packaged in a slim, easy to control stick, with all gold packaging.  It's great for all over highlighting, I love using it under my brow bone and on my cupid's bow.  The formula is perfect because it applies really visible so you can see exactly where you've put it.  Sometimes, when it's bad lighting, I have a hard time applying highlighters because I can't always see where on my skin the color has ended up.  But with this one I didn't have that problem.  Then when you're ready, just start blending and fade it into your preferred amount of intensity.  A great tool for the girl on the go.      
 
 
 
L- straight color R- blended color
Retail: $22.00
 
WANDER's Slide Liner Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Blue was a lot of fun to wear.  Made with Jojoba oil, and vitamins C & E, the formula aims to provide hydration.  The liner is multifunctional and lets you play around with how subtle or dramatic you want your look to be.  Since I'm not known for wearing much liner, I liked that this can also be worn as an all over shadow.  It worked well, however, for going out right after work when I wanted to add some oomph.  I added just a little to my corners and lower lash line.  After I blended it out, it made for a killer smoky eye effect with very little effort.
 
 
Retail: $21.00
 
WANDER's Frame Your Face Micro Brow Pencil is great for anyone looking to create fuller brows.  It is very thin, with a retractable pencil on one end and a spoolie on the other.  It is available in three colors including blonde, taupe and dark brown.  It's convenient because you don't have to worry about sharpening it when it gets dull, and like the other products, it has buildable coverage.  And because it's so thin, it's easy to get coverage in every desired spot.
 
 
 
Overall, I loved these products.  They're good quality products that won't break the bank, and give you a lot of room to play around with your look.
 



Have you tried WANDER Beauty?  Are you interested? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...