We've all heard the phrase "Mom knows best" and while we don't always like to admit it... it's almost totally true. These beauty industry pros owe much of their success to their mothers and grandmothers. Having taken the fabulous tips and tricks passed down to them, these celebs have really benefited-- (and hey, so have we!) Check out the motherly advice followed by some of the industry's finest:
Before Charlotte Tilbury become an international makeup artist, she spent her childhood years on the island of Ibiza with her parents, Patsy and Lance. What’s the best piece of advice that Patsy gave to her daughter? You decide:
· Lipstick gives instant glamour, so there is no excuse for not doing your makeup every morning.
· Always protect your skin. Growing up on an island, Charlotte’s mom always insisted that Charlotte use the best sunscreen available.
· The importance of moisturizer, not only for your face, but to prevent the aging of the hands as well.
· Always wear high heels!
Mother’s Day is not just any other day for Miko and Titi Branch, the founders and CEOs of Miss Jessie's. The company name itself pays tribute to their grandmother Jessie, better known as “Miss Jessie.” Miko and Titi still take their beloved grandmother’s teachings to heart:
· The importance of deep conditioning hair. Miss Jessie once created a softening, deep conditioning crème with an egg and mayonnaise.
· Carefully blot curly, wet hair with a towel in downward motion. Randomly drying hair can cause excess frizz that turns curly hair into a complete disaster.
Katie Jane Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, learned her beauty basics from her mother and grandmother:
· Her grandmother faithfully used L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray, and to this day the smell still reminds Katie of her.
This is a special shout out to all the moms out there because we thank you so much for your words of wisdom and all your loving advice!