Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chic Studios in NYC

 
Hello dolls!  Back in June, a friend had forwarded me an invite to an Open House event at Chic Studios here in New York City.  Seeing that it was showcasing a live demo on how to "Get the J.Lo Glow" (and we all know I am a sucker for anything J.Lo) I headed on over to check it out. 
 
 
Image courtesy of Chic Studio
 
 
I wasn't too familiar with Chic Studios prior to this, but after attending the event I thought it would make a useful post for any of you lovelies considering makeup courses in the NYC area. 
 
I felt a little sheepish as I walked in a little late, because I didn't realize there would be one teacher, one model, one overall demo, and all in front of one class.  But the girl working the front desk was incredibly sweet and very accommodating.
 
Being as I arrived late, I missed the model's face as a blank palette, and any prep work that had been done but the teacher, Ruthie Weems was incredible.  She was very informative and made sure to describe any products and techniques she was using as she worked on the model.  I must say, even though I walked in late, I felt like I was able to get a detailed sense of her direction.
 
The demo walked you through variations of the J.Lo glows.  Each look built upon the previous, depending on whether the look was for a performance, music video, or something wearable for a special event or a wedding. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had to leave a little early so this was last look I saw on the model:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Products used:
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
Chic Studios has Open House events once a month and their next one is scheduled for August 23rd from 2pm-5pm, so I suggest definitely checking it out.  It is a chance to enjoy mingling with potential students, ask any skill set or pricing questions, and they even provide some yummy snacks!  Visit their website for more info.  The staff is incredibly friendly and are happy to help you get started!
 
 
Located at:
 
139 Fulton St
  (between Nassau St & Broadway)
New York, NY 10038
Neighborhood: Financial District
Phone: (917) 974-8755

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...