butter LONDON Nail Lacquer was the must have accessory for Emmy Rossum and Giuliana Rancic as they hit the red carpet for the 2013 Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Katie Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, worked with both of the ladies to create their nail looks for the evening, each which played up the nights theme of “Punk: Chaos to Couture.”
The Scoop: Inspired by her soft, billowing Donna Karan dress, Katie created elegant yet edgy nail art for Emmy using extra pieces of lace – the same fabric from which her dress was created – supplied by Donna Karan.The designer also supplied Emmy with individual crystals,also used on her dress, to help enhance her nail look, adding a bit of punk rocker edge.
Get the Look:
· Katie began by painting Emmy’s nails with two coats of butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Yummy Mummy followed by a layer of butter LONDON P.D. Quick Top Coat.
· She then cut individual pieces of lace to perfectly cover Emmy’s nails and placed them down on the wet nails, letting the lace dry on top of the nail.
· Once the nails were dry, Katie placed glue on random spots of the nail where the crystals would be adhered, and then placed each crystal onto the nail.
“Emmy knew she really wanted to incorporate the fabric from the dress somehow, but with a twist that gave it an unexpected edge,” said Katie Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador. “Together we decided to use both the fabric and the stones to create a nail that was both delicate and edgy. It looked awesome.”
The Scoop: The E! News co-host gave a nod to the nights punk theme with a dark yet glam nail look to complement her Falguni Peacock dress.
Get the Look:
· Katie began by painting a coat of butter LONDON Horse Power to protectGiuliana’s nails and help prolong her manicure, followed by two coats of butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in La Moss.
· In order to add a bit of glam and flare to Giuliana’s nail look, Katie dropped a dollop of butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in The Black Knightat the cuticle of each nail and then slowly dragged the nail brush down the nail to create a cascading effect.
· Katie completed the look with butter LONDON P.D. Quick Top Coat and then applied butter LONDON Handbag Holiday Cuticle Oil around the nails to help them dry faster.